Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

In addition to it being St. Patrick’s day, it was an “Irish Day” for Vince as well. Our neighbors across the courtyard in Michigan City have a black miniature schnauzer named “Irish” who is Vince’s best buddy in the MC. Yesterday afternoon was so beautiful that I went home to give Vince some outdoors time during my lunch hour. Turns out Irish was getting the same thing so they got some “puppy time” running around the courtyard.

Irish’s owner said something funny though, she said that they don’t let Irish off leash unless he’s with Vince because he doesn’t come back otherwise. She went on to say that she was impressed with how well Vince listens to us. I was shocked to hear that somebody thinks he minds well, as he can sometimes be a spaz, especially when meeting someone new.

I hit the local pub – McGinnis’ – in Michigan City for my Irish fix for the day. The Guiness was a little flat, but the Murphy’s Irish Stout was perfect and the Shepard’s pie and soda bread was scrumptious as usual! The only downer is that they are still allowed to smoke anywhere in bars and restaurants in Indiana, so the bar and dining area of the pub was nasty. However, I lucked out and got an upwind seat out on the patio to sit and have my dinner!

No comments: